®/™©2023 Yummly. All rights reserved.Part of the Whirlpool Corp. family of brands
This online merchant is located in the United States at 883 E. San Carlos Ave. San Carlos, CA 94070.
MSRP is the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, which may differ from actual selling prices in your area.
Triple-Duty Instant Pot Pot Roast
Why is this winning weeknight dinner triple-duty? Because the one recipe wears three hats as a traditional pot roast with tender vegetables, and then as leftover meat and broth to make French Dip Sandwiches, Quick Beef and Vegetable Ramen, or other favorite recipes. If you’re only looking for a pot roast recipe, then this also acts as a stand-alone serving 6 to 8 people. But for any parent who’s wondering what’s for dinner, keep the family guessing and serve this recipe the additional two ways. The recipe is a Yummly original created by Ashley Strickland Freeman.
- Cut chuck roast in half or thirds to fit in a 6-quart Instant Pot. In a small bowl, combine garlic powder, onion powder, 1 tsp. salt, and ½ tsp. pepper, then sprinkle over all sides of the meat. Set Instant Pot to the Sauté setting. Add oil and heat until very hot, 30 seconds to 2 minutes. Brown about half of chuck roast at a time, turning as needed, until each side is well browned, 3-4 minutes per side. Set aside on a plate while you brown the remaining meat.
- Return chuck roast to Instant Pot. Arrange carrots, celery, and onion on top. Add garlic, broth, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce. Close the lid and set the pressure valve to Sealing. Set the Instant Pot to the Pressure Cook setting and the pressure to High. Cook 1 hour and 15 minutes. (It will take about 20 minutes for the pot to come to pressure; that’s when the cook time begins.)
- Turn the pressure cooker off and let it natural-release pressure for 10 minutes. Carefully release the remaining pressure with the valve. Remove beef and vegetables to a platter. Strain and measure 2 cups broth for gravy (step 4). Break 3 cups of beef into bite-size pieces and save it and the remaining broth (about 5 cups) for French Dip Sandwiches and Quick Beef and Vegetable Ramen (see links in recipe description above) or other uses; chill, covered, up to 2 days.
- Stir together cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Pour the reserved 2 cups broth back into the Instant Pot, set to Soup or Sauté setting, and heat until boiling. Stir in cornstarch mixture. Cook gravy until thickened, about 2 minutes, stirring often. Season with more salt and pepper to taste if you like.
- To serve, break the roast from the platter into large pieces with a fork. Serve meat and vegetables over mashed potatoes, if you like. Spoon gravy on top and add a sprinkle of parsley.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories690Calories from Fat430|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat430|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.