Southwestern Chicken Salad with Creamy BBQ DressingYUMMLY
Enjoy the flavors of the Southwest with this 20-minute main-dish salad of shredded chicken, corn, and black beans in a creamy, gently spicy barbecue sauce. To shred the chicken quickly, pull the meat from the bones while the rotisserie chicken is still warm, rather than waiting until it’s chilled. The recipe is a Yummly original created by Danielle Moore.
- 6 cups mixed salad greens (or chopped romaine lettuce or arugula)
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil (divided)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice (plus lime wedges for serving)
- 2 tsp. chili powder (or more to taste)
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 4 cups cooked shredded chicken (from a rotisserie chicken)
- 1 cup cooked corn (from fresh, frozen, or canned)
- 1 cup black beans (canned, drained and rinsed)
- 1/4 cup green onions (chopped)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- In a large bowl, toss salad greens with 1 Tbsp. olive oil and the salt. Arrange greens on a platter.
- In bowl, stir together barbecue sauce, remaining 2 Tbsp. olive oil, the mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, 2 tsp. chili powder, the cumin, and garlic. Taste and add more chili powder if you like.
- Add chicken, corn, black beans, green onions, and cilantro to dressing in bowl and toss to coat. Spoon chicken salad over greens on the platter. Serve with lime wedges.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories590Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes