Red Velvet Cake PopsYUMMLY
Vibrant red cake mixed with cream cheese frosting and coated with a smooth white chocolate shell produces festive cake pops that are sure to please! The recipe is a Yummly original created by Sara Mellas.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 4 tsp. canola oil
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar (loosely packed)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 extra large egg
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 8 tsp. cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 3 tsp. red food coloring (plus more as needed)
- 6 oz. cream cheese frosting (from container, about 2/3 cup)
- 2 oz. white chocolate bar (about 1/3 cup per 2 oz., finely chopped, for cake pop sticks)
- 12 oz. white chocolate (finely chopped, for coating cake pops)
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9-inch cake pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place the butter, canola oil, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer or stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, cream the ingredients together on medium speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Add the egg and continue to beat until mixture is light and fluffy, about 1 minute.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories210Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes