Mexican Carne Asada
Many Mexican households hold “carne asadas” on the weekends and on special occasions. Every family has their own special marinade recipe passed down by the top cook in the family. Like a lot of the best marinades, this one includes Mexican beer, lime juice, and many herbs and spices. Serve the carne asada with a side of rice, beans, and grilled green onions, as well as a stack of tortillas to assemble tacos or to use as a scoop. Note that the total time includes at least 2 hours to marinate the meat. The recipe is a Yummly original created by Ericka Sanchez.
- In a large bowl, combine beer, lime juice, orange juice, red onion, soy sauce, olive oil, paprika, oregano, salt, garlic powder, pepper, orange slices, and lime slices.
- Cut steak into 4 pieces (or sizes you can manage on the grill). Add steak to marinade and stir to mix well. Cover bowl and refrigerate at least 2 hours to overnight.
- Preheat a grill for medium-high heat (350° to 450°F). (You can also use a grill pan on the stove.) Lightly oil cooking grate, using tongs and a wad of oiled paper towels. Grill steak with the lid closed, turning it once, until edges are charred and meat is done the way you like, 7-15 minutes total, depending on the thickness of the meat (medium-rare is 130° to 135°F on an instant-read thermometer and medium-well is 145° to 155°F).
- Transfer steak to a cutting board and let it rest about 3 minutes. Meanwhile, grill green onions, turning them often, until lightly charred, 3-5 minutes. Transfer to cutting board. Thinly slice steak across the grain. Serve meat with onions, tortillas, salsa, radishes, and lime wedges.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories510Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.