Cook this Impossible™ Penne Arrabiata Recipe that features our meat made from plants and a traditional zesty Italian Arrabiata sauce. By Chef Traci Des Jardins.
- Marinate the Impossible™ Burger: In a large mixing bowl, combine Impossible™ Burger with 1/2 cup Italian parsley, 1/2 tsp red chil flakes, 1/2 tsp crushed fennel seed, and 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar. Cover, place in the fridge, and allow to marinate for at least 45 minutes or up to 2 days.
- Cook the Impossible™ Burger: Place two tablespoons of the olive oil into the pot over medium high heat. When the pan is hot, add the Impossible™ Burger, spreading out so that it will brown. Allow to cook for two minutes or until brown, then with a spatula flip to brown for another two minutes, then remove from the pan and set aside.
- Cook the arrabiata sauce: Add an additional 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the pan, then the onion, garlic and ½ teaspoon red chili flakes, cooking for four minutes. Then add the white wine and reduce until almost dry. Add the tomatoes, cover, and reduce to a simmer, cooking for 20 minutes. Then add 1 teaspoon salt and a little splash of water if it starts to thicken too much. At the end, add the Impossible™ Burger mixture back into the tomato sauce, mix, and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- Make the pasta: Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt, and cook the penne according to directions. When done, drain the pasta and mix with the sauce, garnish with Parmesan cheese if desired, and serve with cracked pepper and Italian parsley leaves on top.
- Serve, share, and enjoy: Makes 4-6 portions.
|Calories540Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.