Impossible™ Chorizo and ClamsIMPOSSIBLE FOODS
Try this spicy Impossible™ Chorizo and "Clams" Recipe made with plant-based meat that creates a savory sauce for your favorite fresh pasta. By Impossible Foods Chef J. Michael Melton.
- Mix the Impossible™ Chorizo: Toast all spices (2 Tbsp paprika, 1 tsp crushed red pepper, 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp clove, 1 Tbsp smoked paprika, 1/2 tsp coriander, 1/2 tsp black pepper, and 1/4 tsp ginger powder) in a dry pan over medium heat until fragrant. Let cool. Mix Impossible™ Burger, toasted spices, oregano, 8 garlic cloves and 2 Tbsp white wine in a large bowl with your hands until completely mixed. Cover and refrigerate (overnight if possible).
- Prep ingredients: Boil a large pot of salted water for your pasta. At the same time, soak arame seaweed in cold water for 10 mins to rehydrate. Then remove and reserve soaking liquid for later use. Dice the white onion and mince remaining 2 cloves garlic.
- Cook the Impossible™ Chorizo: Remove Impossible™ Chorizo from the fridge and cook through. Remove from the pan and set aside. In the same pan, sauté chopped onions and garlic in 3 tablespoons of butter until translucent. Cook the pasta according to instructions. Add chorizo and arame to garlic/onion mix. *Want to make it plant-based? Use plant-based butter!
- Assemble: Add remaining 3 tbsp of butter and a splash of arame soaking liquid to the chorizo. Serve over fresh pasta.
- Serve, share, and enjoy: Makes 4 servings.
|Calories210Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.