Herb Marinated, Pan-Seared Sirloin SteakYUMMLY
Sirloin is leaner than a lot of other cuts of steak, and because of this can be less tender. To ensure great results, buy a top sirloin steak, the most tender sirloin steak. Then give the steak a quick marinade (its muscle structure allows the marinade to penetrate more than for other cuts). Finally, pan-sear to cook the steak fairly quickly so it doesn’t get overdone, and check the temp with the Yummly Smart Thermometer! The recipe is a Yummly original created by David Bonom.
- Combine vinegar, 3 Tbsp. olive oil, 2 cloves garlic, the chopped rosemary, Worcestershire, and pepper in a medium, wide-bottomed bowl. Add steak, turn to coat, and let stand at room temperature 45 minutes, turning meat occasionally.
- Remove steak from the marinade, reserving the marinade. Following the insertion guide on the Yummly Thermometer app, insert the thermometer horizontally into the thickest part of the steak until the metal is completely covered. Season steak with 3/4 tsp. salt.
- Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a medium or large nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add steak to the pan and cook, turning once, until browned, 2 minutes per side. Reduce heat to medium and cook, turning steak occasionally, until the Yummly thermometer tells you to remove the meat from the heat for your preferred doneness, 13-17 minutes total for medium-rare (about 130°F, which will mean 135°F after resting). Transfer steak to a cutting board and let it rest 5 minutes.
- Return frying pan to the stove over medium heat. Add remaining 1 clove garlic and cook until fragrant, 15 seconds. Stir in reserved marinade and the mustard; bring to a boil and cook, stirring, 30 seconds. Remove from heat and whisk in butter and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Slice steak across the grain on a slanting angle into scant 1/4-inch-thick slices. Transfer to a platter. Serve steak immediately with as much of the sauce as you like spooned over it, and rosemary sprigs for garnish.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories220Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.