Consider this easy, zesty dish your perfect warm-weather celebration recipe (or any-night recipe!). A generous, sweet and crunchy mango salsa tops smoky grilled chicken, and there’s a secret ingredient: mayonnaise. Adding the condiment to the marinade locks flavorful juices inside the chicken, helps promote beautiful browning, and helps keep the chicken tender, too. Other than a 2-hour marinade, the recipe takes about 30 minutes to make. The recipe is a Yummly original created by Ashley Strickland Freeman.
- Make marinade: In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons lime juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, the chili powder, 1 teaspoon salt, the cumin, 1 teaspoon lime zest, the pepper, and garlic. Place chicken in a zip-top bag or shallow dish. Pour marinade over chicken and turn chicken to coat well. Seal bag or cover chicken and refrigerate 2-4 hours.
- While chicken marinates, make salsa: In a medium bowl, stir together the remaining 3 tablespoons lime juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon lime zest, ½ teaspoon salt, and the honey. Stir in mangoes, cucumber, bell pepper, onion, cilantro, and jalapeño, if using. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high (350°F - 450°F). Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade. Grill chicken, turning once or twice, until a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part registers 165°F, 12-20 minutes total.
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter. Top with mango salsa and serve extra on the side. Garnish with additional cilantro.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories660Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.