®/™©2023 Yummly. All rights reserved.
Jacuelline Kafka: "I would make it again, Good stuff.👌🏼" Read More
Make It Now
Add to Meal Planner
Add to Meal Planner
Easy Korean Sticky Chicken
The sweet and spicy flavors of this dish echo Korean fried chicken wings, but without the hassle of deep frying. Look for gochujang, a sweet and spicy Korean red pepper paste, in the International aisle of many grocery stores, at an Asian market, and online. The recipe is a Yummly original created by Julia Lee.
Did you make this?
Add All to Shopping List
Add to Meal Planner
- Thinly slice the green onions and set aside. Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces. Combine the chicken, salt, cornstarch, and water in a medium bowl. Set mixture aside.
- Peel and finely grate the ginger using a hand-held rasp-style grater or box grater. Transfer ginger to a small mixing bowl. Grate or mince the garlic. Add it to the ginger with the gochujang, mirin, honey, sesame oil, and vinegar, and stir until well combined. Set sauce aside.
- Heat a large, heavy-bottomed frying pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the oil, swirling to coat bottom of pan. Add the chicken and spread pieces into a single layer. Cook until well-browned on underside, 2-3 minutes. Turn pieces over and cook until browned on second side, 2-3 minutes. Transfer chicken to a bowl.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add sauce mixture to pan. Cook, stirring constantly, until hot, about 30 seconds. Return chicken to the pan and toss until well coated.
- Transfer chicken to a serving plate. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and green onions, and serve immediately.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories370Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jacuelline Kafka a month ago
I would make it again, Good stuff.👌🏼
Brandon Flores a month ago
Really tasty and super simple 😋
Brandon Bushman 2 months ago
So good, I’ve made it several times and it never disappoints.
Ky Rai 2 months ago
would make again made sauce and chicken as directed put it on rice
Andrew Selbicky 2 months ago
Easy and fast tho I add a bottle of stir fry suace for more flavor .
Joseph La Mere 3 months ago
It was pretty good. The only thing I would change, is I would air fry the chicken to give it a little crispiness.
Tina Momtaz 4 months ago
It’s so so delicious, thank you so much
Alyssa LaRoche 4 months ago
used chicken breasts
Austin Tuck 5 months ago
tasty! the instructions were not super accurate. mine wasn't very fried in the time suggested, but the flavors were there! spicier than i expected, but in a good way. i will make the cooking adjustment for next time. great served over sticky rice
Cassie and Bice 5 months ago
Easy enough to throw together quickly unless you need to visit a Korean grocery store. Very tasty dish, more kick than I expected but it was delicious.
Naomi Byers 8 months ago
Really delicious!! A little bit of work with frying the chicken but so worth it. Flavours are great.
Maria 8 months ago
very tasty and more spicy than i expected. easy to make and follow along with the instructions!
Jordan 8 months ago
I used chinese black rice vinegar instead of the seasoned rice vinegar and served it on top of rice, absolutely delicious
Reinah Norcross 8 months ago
Turned out so good! A little sweet with a spicy kick!
Andres Velazquez 8 months ago
very good, came out well for my first recipe
Monahan 8 months ago
good heat and flavor
Sarah a year ago
This recipe turned out amazing!! I followed it exactly except my rice vinegar wasn't seasoned. :) I also put mine on top of rice!
Kaz Szurek a year ago
I had to half the gochujang and mix this with rice but it turned out great. Would definitely make it again, looking forward to the leftovers.
Plokjnddn a year ago
this recipe is perfect
Alexandria C. a year ago
It was good, but spicier than I imagined that it would be. I liked it more than my family did. My chicken didn’t get very brown or crispy, despite following the video. I would eat it again as part of a family style meal.
Michelle S. a year ago
Delicious! So good, I browned the chicken for slightly longer to get a more crispy texture. Next time I’m going to make extra sauce because it is amazing!
Rebeccah Lockwood a year ago
it was plain, unexciting. this was my first time making it. it really had no taste at all i even served mine over rice for an extra filling. still i must of used something wrong.
Andrew Aitken a year ago
It turned out really good! ill definitely make this again!
Malinda Hayes a year ago
Delicious!!! No modifications needed. I’ll definitely make this again.
Jacqueline Karli a year ago
I never review recipes but this one is worth taking a moment. So delicious and relatively easy to make. Served over rice with broccoli. Entire family loved it, which rarely happens.
Chynna Lucken a year ago
super easy and yummy!
Trish a year ago
Good spicier than I expected!
Alexandru Marin a year ago
Realizing in the last moment that i dont have any Gochujang and used red pesto instead. Turned out it wasn't such a bad ideea.
Jamie Lynn a year ago
It was so delicious!!! The only thing I did different was add a little bit more cornstarch to thicken it up some. We ate it all! So yummy!
Miika a year ago
a bit more vinegar makes it even better