Campfire Hot Dogs Three WaysYUMMLY
Take your campground (or backyard) hot dogs to the next level with this fun spin on the classic. Whether you’re a traditionalist or someone who likes to change things up, one of these three hot dog concepts (The Plain Jane, Pepperoni Pizza, or BLT) is sure to be a hit. Feel free to pick your favorite, or set up a hot dog bar and enjoy all three. (The topping ingredients are enough to make four hot dogs of each flavor, so you can easily add extra dogs.) For the BLT, you’ll need to pack some wooden toothpicks with your camping kit. The recipe is a Yummly original created by Ashley Strickland Freeman.
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 hot dog buns
- yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup pepperoni slices (mini, or use regular sliced pepperoni, quartered)
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- Campfire directions: Prepare a campfire for medium heat (with embers and low flames). Place a grill grate over the campfire. Grill hot dogs until browned, turning occasionally 2-3 minutes.
- Camp stove directions: Set a large cast-iron skillet on a camp stove over medium-high heat until hot, 1-2 minutes. Add hot dogs and cook until browned, turning occasionally 2-3 minutes.
- Grill or toast buns over the campfire or in the skillet if you like, pressing them down gently.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories480Calories from Fat290|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat290|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes