A simple all-in-one marinade infuses sweet and umami flavors into the steak and veggies for this perfect summertime meal. The balsamic vinegar and brown sugar are key to getting a nice brown crust on the outside of the steak. Plus, the longer everything sits in that marinade, the more flavor you’ll have — so feel free to get a jump on the recipe a day ahead! (Note that the time to make the recipe includes at least 4 hours marinating.) Servings here are generous, and if you add more corn, the recipe can serve 6. The recipe is a Yummly original created by Ashley Strickland Freeman.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, oil, garlic, and crushed red pepper flakes. Set aside 1/4 cup marinade in the refrigerator.
- Stem and seed bell peppers and cut into quarters. Place red peppers, steak, and mushrooms in a shallow dish or large zip-top bag. Pour remaining marinade over the vegetables and meat. Cover dish or seal bag and refrigerate at least 4 hours and up to overnight, turning occasionally.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat (400° to 450°F). Discard balsamic marinade from steak and vegetables. Sprinkle steak, peppers, and mushrooms with salt and pepper. Shuck corn and trim root ends from green onions.
- Grill steak, corn, peppers, mushrooms, and green onions in batches with the lid closed: Grill steak, turning it once, until medium-rare (130° to 140°F, or done the way you like), 12-14 minutes total. Transfer to a cutting board, tent with foil, and let rest about 15 minutes. Grill corn, basting with the reserved marinade, 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally; transfer to board. Grill mushrooms and peppers, turning once, until tender and browned, 4-8 minutes total; transfer to board. Grill green onions until charred and tender, about 1 minute, then set on board.
- Slice steak across the grain, slice mushrooms about 1 inch thick, and serve steak with vegetables.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories450Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes