Avocado Deviled EggsYUMMLY
If you love guacamole, then this deviled egg recipe is for you! Creamy avocado takes the place of mayo, adding richness and a vibrant green color to the egg yolks. A squeeze of lime juice and chopped fresh cilantro add zip. We love these garnished with red onion, jalapeño, and more cilantro. To speed up decorating, you could finely mince the jalapeño instead of slicing it, and stir it into the filling. The recipe is a Yummly original created by Ashley Strickland Freeman.
- Fill a wide Dutch oven or other 5- to 6-qt. pot with 1 inch of water and set a steamer basket in the pot. Cover pot and bring water to a boil over high heat. With a slotted spoon, carefully add eggs in a single layer. (If eggs don’t all fit in one layer, you’ll need to cook them in batches.) Cover pot and return water to a boil; then reduce heat to medium-high and steam eggs 13-14 minutes.
- Just before eggs are done steaming, fill a large bowl with ice water. With slotted spoon, transfer cooked eggs to the ice water bath and let stand until cool, about 10 minutes.
- Drain cooled eggs and peel them. Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Scoop out yolks into a medium bowl. Place cooked whites on a plate or platter.
- Mash cooked egg yolks with a pastry blender or fork. Add avocado, lime juice, sour cream, and finely chopped cilantro. Stir together until well blended and creamy. Season to taste with salt and a little more lime juice if you like.
- Transfer egg yolk mixture to a pastry bag fitted with a ¾-inch-wide star tip. (Or spoon filling into a large zip-top plastic bag and snip off about ⅓ inch from the corner.) Pipe egg yolk mixture into the egg whites. Top eggs with red onion, jalapeño, and cilantro leaves before serving. If making eggs ahead, seal in a sturdy container or wrap loosely with plastic wrap and chill up to 2 hours.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories100Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes